To find out more about Lightning MMA go to www.lightningmma.com
Having seen great results from switching to a plant based diet James has started PlantAthlete, plant based diet and lifestyle tips. Go check out the new facebook page. Be sure to Like it so you don’t miss out on great advice.
James Wilks signs contract to Fight Claude Patrick at UFC 120 at the O2 arena in London England. Claude Patrick (12-1) last fought at UFC 115 defeating Ricardo Funch via Guillotine in the second Round. Claude Patrick is a good grappler and a formidable opponent. James looks forward to fighting him in front of a UK crowd.
James defeated Peter Sobotta by unanimous decision on Saturday at UFC 115 in Vancouver, Canada. While James was happy with the victory he feels that he underperformed and plans to train hard and perform better next time.
Lightning is set to fight German grappler at UFC 115 in Vancouver, Canada June 12th 2010. Sobotta last fought in the UFC against Paul Taylor at UFC 99. It should be interesting to see if James tries to keep the fight on the feet or take it to the ground to test Sobotta’s Jiu Jitsu.
See official UFC 115 fight card here: http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=eventdetail.home&eid=2958
James was featured in the Feb/March issue of the UFC magazine. James has since been given offers to model but has declined stating “…fighting and coaching is much more enjoyable that posing for photographs all day…” Check out the latest UFC magazine in stores now
After a tough battle in the first 2 rounds Wilks almost secured a Kimura in the 3rd, but Brown established mount and punched his way to a well deserved victory winning by TKO, referee stoppage. This was an exiting fight between two gritty competitors. James would like to thank Matt for this battle in which he feels he learnt a lot.
James is set to fight Matt Brown at UFC 105 in Manchester, England on November 14th, 2009. Matt was on Ultimate Fighter season 7 and had fought in the UFC 4 times with great success since the show. He is agressive and well rounded and this should be a great fight. Be sure to watch!
After the filming of TUF 9 James had the chance to rest up and then train for the finale. This was live at the Palms casino in Vegas, on June 20th.
James outclassed his opponent, Damarques Johnson, in all areas of MMA. Striking, takedowns and on the ground. Johnson was forced to tap out by rear naked choke with only seconds to go at the end of round 1.
Lightning on Twitter
- @MikeHammersmith Thanks in reply to MikeHammersmith 2012-09-27
- @MikeHammersmith Agreed in reply to MikeHammersmith 2012-09-13
- @MikeHammersmith Good solution. in reply to MikeHammersmith 2012-09-12
- @MikeHammersmith @nicolasswallow @WholeFoods Even if 1/10 plates were eaten it would be less waste than chicken (20 calories in for 1 out) in reply to MikeHammersmith 2012-09-12
- @MikeHammersmith Beg to differ. Have completely the opposite experience. Its about the way you raise and educate the kids. in reply to MikeHammersmith 2012-09-12
- @MikeHammersmith @nicolasswallow @WholeFoods Maybe less would be thrown away if we encouraged the kids to eat more plants in reply to MikeHammersmith 2012-09-12
- More updates...